In this article we want to introduce you to a great tool that will help you protect your exchange account even better than before.
Why is it important?
Because we want to make sure your data and accounts are highly protected.
2-Step Verification, also called two-factor authentication (2FA), adds another security layer to the login process, reducing the chances of your account getting hacked.
2FA is a security system in which the user trying to access a system or application is required to verify in two distinct ways instead of just a password.
Hardware security keys offer the highest levels of online security, they are more convenient than SMS, email, and authenticator apps, which provides peace of mind that essential accounts are safer from being hacked.
YubiKey is an advanced hardware authentication device supported by FMFW.io. It is used for 2-factor authentication instead of generating a 2FA code in an app.
Instead of a code being texted to you, or generated by an app on your phone, you press a button on your YubiKey. That's it. Each device has a unique code built on to it, which is used to generate codes that help confirm your identity.
How to set up YubiKey on FMFW.io
Your Yubikey device must support the Yubico OTP authentication mechanism, as it is the only mechanism we work with. You can check if your Yubikey device uses the OTP authentication mechanism in the product descriptions.
1. Log in to your FMFW.io account. Go to the Security tab of your Settings and click the "Add Yubikey" button in the Two-Factor Authentication section.
2. Then insert your Yubikey into the port or tap it on your mobile device.
3. Place your cursor into the Authentication Code field and touch the button on the YubiKey.
4. The security code will appear in the field. The website automatically recognizes the code and asks you to confirm this new authenticator via email.
5. Check your email and click the link in the confirmation email. You’re all set up!
Using Yubikey for signing in to the app
If you already have an account on FMFW.io Exchange, you can simply use your account to log into the FMFW.io app. However, if you are trying to log into the app using a Yubikey as the only way of two-factor authentication, signing in to the app instantly will not be possible.
First, you will have to add a 2FA app as a different method of two-factor authentication through the website. Then, you can proceed by using a one-time code generated the respective 2FA app to sign in to your account on the app.
How to log in with YubiKey
1. Login as usual.
2. Then insert your YubiKey into the port on your device or tap it on your mobile phone.
3. Click on the Authentication Code field and touch the button on your YubiKey.
4. The security code will be typed in and recognized by the system automatically. All done!
It works the same for withdrawals.
Remember: No backup codes are provided for the YubiKey authenticator. You will not be able to restore access to your account if you lose your YubiKey.
If you have lost your YubiKey device, feel free to contact our support team by clicking the chat button in the bottom-right corner of this page.